Tuesday, September 8, 2009

postcard from the edge

In certain places

Little things begin

Little hazards

Passing things

Little things


Lately, I dream of sailing trips

And unnamed oceans

I find myself in hardware shops

Comparing hammers,

Purchasing wire

And maps

Skipping meals


In certain places

At certain altitudes

Certain ghosts are waking

I dig for things

I can’t remember where I buried them

Or if I buried them

Or just thought about it

When the cracks in the earth were new


Certain things happen

In certain places

I am different people

Certain people

People who kayak

Read biographies

A certain spinning stops

In certain places

Old scars run parallel

With new desires

And rivers flow uphill


In certain places tiny shivers

Tell me that what I want is something impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment